Re: [OM] Listee equipment sales and prices (Long & OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Listee equipment sales and prices (Long & OT)
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 09:09:41 PDT
Thus quoth KEH for 24/2.8: E+ $265, E $245, Bargain $179
Thus quoth Brad Severe for 24/2.8: Exc $165

Looks to me like Dave's well within the ballpark. Probably a short bloop to center field for an easy catch, in fact.

Thus quoth a local pawn shop for a couple of 50/1.8 SC lenses, one with pecks and scratches on front element, the other with rampant fungus, both essentially dusty see-thru lens caps: $20 each, take it or leave it. A bargain at half the price says I.

Lex
---
Thus misquoth Hamlet: "Hoist my petard!  Yoikes and away!"

Thus quoth Lex, cryptically: Those who believe Communism is dead haven't spent time on the internet.

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Dave Bulger" <david_bulger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Zuiks,

Sheesh!  This selling equipment to the list is getting a bit difficult!

[snip] I've received 17 replies to my list of equipment for sale on Saturday, mostly regarding the 24/2.8. One of the replies informed me that it was good that I offered stuff to the list first because it was "list policy" to do so. Three of the replies started off by telling me that since I had gotten a good deal on this package, they expected very low pricing on anything they purchased. One reply told me that I was being "selfish and greedy" (direct quote) for asking what I have for some of the items. In this case, the 24/2.8. [unsnip]

Thanks,

Dave