[OM] Re: Listee equipment sales and prices

Subject: [OM] Re: Listee equipment sales and prices
From: miaim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 16:06:36 -0400

>Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 08:11:39 -0500
>From: "Dave Bulger" <david_bulger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] Listee equipment sales and prices (Long & OT)
>
>Zuiks,
>
>Sheesh!  This selling equipment to the list is getting a bit difficult!
>
><RANT>
>
>I've received 17 replies to my list of equipment for sale on Saturday,
>mostly regarding the 24/2.8.
>I'd appreciate feedback from the saner members of the list on this

Well, I don't know if I qualify as saner......;-)But I did _almost_
consider asking you what you wanted for it. (A tip: listing prices of items
forsale might save you some grief.)

> -- the
>price for the aforementioned 24/2.8 is $170.  This includes a lens that's
>perfect in every way I know how to check, the OM shade, the OM case, front &
>rear OM caps, beat up UV filter, shipping in the US, and a two week
>no-questions-asked return policy.

That's a good, solid fair deal. The Keh.com price for that lens in merely
EX cond. with just the caps is $245US and doesn't include the shade, case
or UV filter. It does include Keh's rep. and liberal return policy, but
your price is quite fair and a good deal to any that are serious about this
lens. For a lens available from/to a list member immediately without the
pain and anxiety of the Ebay hassle, your deal is a good one. I'm baffled
that folks chose to give you a hard time. Maybe they think they're entitled
to a free lunch or something. I'm not under such delusions. Unfortunately,
I'm also broke. ;-(

Mike Swaim