[OM] OT: Vuescan 6.0 Beta 17

Subject: [OM] OT: Vuescan 6.0 Beta 17
From: Morgan Sparks <msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 17:09:40 -0400
A few of us have been discussing this off-list today, and since there
are many others here who use Hamrick's "Vuescan", I thought I should
mention that the latest Beta versions are worth downloading.  The latest
one, released today, is fully functional on the Nikon Coolscan and SCSI
PhotoSmart I have access to.

The improvement on the PhotoSmart is dramatic.  IMO it's reputation as a
noisy scanner, particulartly with slides, is now undeserved.  Use the
highest setting to appreciate the improvements.

Hamrick's main page gives no hint that this version is available, so you
need to go to the Vuescan 5.9 link to download it.

Morgan Sparks