RE: [OM] Camera Paranoia , no specific OM content (was camera win dowpod

Subject: RE: [OM] Camera Paranoia , no specific OM content (was camera win dowpod/support)
From: "Harridge, Wayne" <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 18:54:43 +0800
We seem to have our share of paranoia here in Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
too.

A few years ago our local council was soliciting input from residents
regarding a "neighbourhood character" study it was undertaking.  The general
idea was for residents to tell the council what things they liked and
disliked in their local neighbourhood and they encouraged us to submit
photographs to illustrate our comments.  Sounded like a great idea, so my
wife and I headed out in the car (leased by the company I work for) around
the neighbourhood and took photographs (with OM-10 and a few lenses <-- OM
content !) of various aspects of our neighbourhood both good and bad.
Probably a week after I had a phone call from somebody (still don't know who
- but I've got an idea where they live **) asking if I was Wayne Harridge,
did I work for Digital, and what was I doing taking photographs outside
their property.  I explained what I was doing, and after questioning them, I
found out that they had contacted a friend in the police force who had
traced me via the car registration and the lease company.  A few days later
I received a phone call from the state manager of Digital to please explain
a phone call he had received.

So I guess the bottom line is be careful who and what you photograph.  You
might think you live in a community of rational people, but it isn't
necessarily so.

** I'm 90ure it was the people with the grotesque front fence !

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/wayneharridge/