RE: [OM] Covered Bridges: Competing Theories

Subject: RE: [OM] Covered Bridges: Competing Theories
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 08:32:14 -0700
On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Jan Steinman wrote:

 > I might have slipped a decimal here or there...

100 million cc = 100 cubic meters (there are one million of them to a
cubic meter, which is why 1 cubic meter of water weighs exactly a
tonne).

OOPS! Well, at least I did the math -- I didn't claim I did it right, though!

Which is worse, groundless claims, or those based on bad science? :-)

However, I suspect that you're right about the main reason for covering
being to protect against rot, though.

That's my theory, and I'm stickin' to it, at least until I learn to cube numbers properly! :-)

--
: Jan Steinman <mailto:Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: Bytesmiths <http://www.bytesmiths.com>