[OM] Re: OM-2 / Kodachrome Question

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-2 / Kodachrome Question
From: Brett Lucas <bbrettl@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 08:52:07 -0700 (PDT)
I have a interesting film scenario that happend a
couple of weeks ago.

I own a Olympus OM-2 with a motor drive.  I recently
loaded a roll of Kodachrome 64 (36 exp) slide film
into the camera.  The take up spool took up the film,
no problem.  The speed setting was set at 64, from the
previous roll of film.  I shot the roll off, and no
problem.

When I went to pick up the film from the developer,
the roll came back processed (film cartridge broken
open) but no slides.  What had happend is that some of
the frames on the roll recoreded an exposure, while
some of the frames did not record an exposure.
Example: frames 1-6 no exposure, 7-10 exposed 11-15 no
exposure, 16-26 exposed, 27-36 no exposeure.

This is the first time, this has happened to me with
this camera, or any other camera for that matter.
What causes this.  Any remedy?

Thanks..