RE: [OM] Vacation / bare bones rigs

Subject: RE: [OM] Vacation / bare bones rigs
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 17:22:09 +0000
Among several posts mentioning only primes is three lenses:  a wide, a
standard and a tele.  Specific focal lengths of the wide and tele depending
on what the photog has and what/how the photog shoots.  Seems to confirm
the same holds true now as at the zenith of RF's made from brass, glass and
steel.  General photogs could do their work very well with just three
lenses in the focal length ranges mentioned, and a little "shoe leather
zoom" (with exceptions for truly "exotic" photography).

-- John

At 16:59 6/21/00 , Brian Windrim wrote:
>I'll second this approach. I've probably droned on about
>this before on the list but last year in Venice I took only
>my OM4, 24/2.8, 50/1.8 and 85/2, with a smallish tripod
>in the luggage. I mostly wandered about with the OM4 on
>my shoulder under my jacket and the two unused lenses
>stashed in jacket pockets.
[snip]