Re: [OM] Re: ES-10 (was OT: Vuescan 6.0 Beta 17)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: ES-10 (was OT: Vuescan 6.0 Beta 17)
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 02:01:49 +0200
Yo,

on Wed, 21 Jun 2000 14:31:16 PDT, Lex Jenkins wrote:

>optics, which are reportedly quite good.  And while the HP PhotoSmart and
>Canoscan 2710 have solid followings, they are more expensive.  On my budget
>even an extra hundred bucks is a big deal.  That could buy me a bigger hard

Lex,

you might want to have a look at the Acer ScanWit 2720S. Over here, it is
about 40heaper than the Canon 2710 while IMHO being technically at least
on par with it, and beats the HP Photo Smart S20 (which is also more
expensive, though not as much as the Canon or the Nikon) hands down, not to
mention the ES-10. I have one here and like it a lot; IMHO presently you
can't get more bang for the buck in a film scanner than with the ScanWit. It
also came with Photoshop LE included, which is an excellent piece of
software. All the photos in my gallery pages have been scanned with it, as
well as my TOPE 1 and 2 entries (though the resolution of scans intended for
WWW pages, of course, does neither do justice to the original negs/slides
nor to the ScanWit).

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--