[OM] Wrap up re: Small cache of NIB OM items found

Subject: [OM] Wrap up re: Small cache of NIB OM items found
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 17:08:03 PDT
Okay, folks, here's the final list of OM items found at my local curmudgeon-in-the-wall store. All are new in the box unless otherwise described. These are the lowest prices the manager could authorize:

2 circular polarizers, $44/each. I can't recommend these because both had either minor surface scratches or gunk that appeared to be in between the lenses.

1 Macro Cord F7P, $13.  This is for the AF system.

1 TTL Auto Cord T2-0.15M, $20.

1 Macro Flash Shoe Ring, $40.

1 OM Mount Photomicro Adaptor H, $40.

1 OM Mount Photomicro Adaptor L, $90.

1 Single element close up lens f:40cm, $19 (new condition on this one, nobody's tried to "clean" it).

1 24/2 lens hood, $10.40. This is a rubber hood (smells like a tire) threaded for 55mm filter ring. I've already bought this item because I thought someone specifically requested it. But I can't find the e-mail from the person to whom I'd promised it. So maybe I'm wrong. If you know who you are, please e-mail me pronto. Otherwise it's first come, first served.

2 tele-adaptors for the iS-1/2 series, 49mm thread. I forgot to write down the price but it was very reasonable, comparable to the deal I got on my iS/L macro lens for $25. If you have an iS-1/2 ZLR this may be the best opportunity you'll ever have to find one of these NIB. I will inspect it thorougly before purchase to ensure it's in NIB condition and contact you for authorization if it's any less, even "minty" or "mint-like". Also, being 49mm threaded, these puppies might be useful with many OM Zuikos too. Heck, I use an $8 fisheye adaptor with my normal lenses to get a cheapskate 21mm WA. These iS-series adaptors are *way* better optically.

I didn't inventory the following items, so here's a rough count:

1 dozen or so slip-on, clamp-down lens hoods for the 50/1.4, 50/1.8, 35/2.8 lenses. The same hood fits all three lenses. These are $10.95 each. Sure, it may seem expensive for a dumb lens hood, but have you seen one of these? I've described it as epitomical of Germanic influence: overengineered for the job, somewhat clunky in appearance, but a tiny work of art nonetheless. Can't afford a Leica III series to enjoy the "benefits" of German engineering? Buy one of these lens hoods.

1 dozen, more or less, eyepiece diopters, various strengths. Some in boxes, most in little blue envelopes. Prices varied from $10-$14, dunno why.

So far I've received only one request for eyepiece diopters, and a couple of requests for normal lens hoods (Chuck, gotcha covered). I have you guys on the on my shopping list, no worries.

Here's the catch...

Due to driving distance and the price of gas, I plan to make only one more trip to this store within the next two weeks. That's it. If there's something on this list you want let me know pronto. You'll have to send me a money order - US Postal Service money order *only* please - to cover purchase price, tax (figure in 8.25%) and shipping. Please calculate your own shipping - again, via USPS *only* - by using the postage rate calculator available at this URL:

http://new.usps.com/cgi-bin/uspsbv/scripts/front.jsp

Okay, not to repeat myself but let me repeat myself. USPS money order only. Shipping via USPS only. Why? Because I reside in the most rural of rural towns. Ain't nuthin' but us rednecks, our critters and the Post Office out here. If you send me a check, even a cashiers check, I'll have to drive to the bank which is another 10-20 mile round trip. So don't send me anything but USPS money order or I'll just have to return it.*

Ditto for shipping USPS. I have no idea where the nearest FedEx is. In fact, the terms "FedEx" and "near" are mutually exclusive. Same for UPS. I can schedule a UPS pickup, but it'll take a week, I think there's a minimum order or something, and only one UPS driver in the whole entire United States knows where we live.

So, please, humor me here.

May I suggest shipping via Priority Mail? It costs only pennies more than slowpoke Parcel Post and I get the boxes for free (yes, that's right, I wrote "for free" instead of "free" 'cause I'm in ignernt redneck mode now). Here are the Priority Mail rates. If you want it insured add the appropriate amount.

Up to 2 pounds $3.20

Up to 3 pounds  4.30

Up to 4 pounds  5.40

Up to 5 pounds  6.50

And please specify the item requested and write your name and address on a separate sheet of paper. That way I don't have to run home, look it up on my PC and get all hot and bothered 'cause Hotmail is on the blink again.

Why am I doing this and not making any money? Because I'm a compleat idiot. But, at least, a compleat one. And a lousy businessman. And because I've enjoyed this list for a couple of years now, long before I actually joined up.

Lex
---
(Okay, I *will* consider exceptions for folks overseas.)