Re: [OM] Re: ES-10 (was OT: Vuescan 6.0 Beta 17)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: ES-10 (was OT: Vuescan 6.0 Beta 17)
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 18:04:10 -0700
On my budget even an extra hundred bucks is a big deal.

I'd still consider a used 2710 scanner over a new ES-10.

That could buy me a bigger hard drive which I also desperately need. I'm huffing along now on a 1GB and a 500MB HD.

There's really no excuse for that! I just bought a used SCSI-3-wide 4.5GB for $40 at a swap meet! Disks under ~10GB are super cheap on the used market, as everyone is replacing them with bigger drives. IDE drives are especially cheap, because you can only use two of them.

Get the 2710 (which I believe comes with a servicable SCSI adaptor), then you can hang 5 more small, cheap disks off the SCSI bus.

--
: Jan Steinman <mailto:Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: Bytesmiths <http://www.bytesmiths.com>