Re: [OM] What are these?

Subject: Re: [OM] What are these?
From: Mike Butler <abutler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 20:58:43 -0700

>What about alternative uses for endoscopes?
>
>Gregg

        When trying to figure out why a racing engine suddenly becomes "tight"
in "normal" use, an endoscope is very useful tool for looking in the
spark plug holes and other such nooks and crannies.  Unfortunately the
last motor we had fail a week or two ago decided it would rather be an
air cooled engine.  As we removed the engine from the car we saw a
matching pair of holes, one on either side of the block.  An endoscope
would have let us survey the damage inside as well I guess.  (Obligatory
OM) I may have the opportunity to photograph the autopsy, 105mm Macro?

        Sure beats the only other reason I've ever needed an endoscope.

Mike Butler
Dublin, California