[OM] Re: Strappage

Subject: [OM] Re: Strappage
From: miaim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 23:15:08 -0400
>From: "Gregg" <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [OM] Neverready grip
>
>Be careful, my neck strap is similar in material to a wetsuit.  I like it
>because it doesn't slip off the shoulder and it absorbs the weight of the
>camera while walking,  It is rather abrasive though and has taken the finish
>off the front of my Champagne 4T near the lugs.  I've had no problems with
>my 1 MD though.
>
>Gregg

Man, talk about different straps for different chaps....
I had two of those name branded wide neoprene camera straps with the little
plastic clipee thingees. I got disgusted with them when I noticed that the
neoprene acted as a bungee cord that allowed the camera to really bounce
hard from Buddha-belly to chin. I quit them when in the same day I had the
camera body bounce up to my teeth while going rapidly down a sprial
stairchase and latter noticed a stress-point in the plastic EZ detach
point. I traded them out even for a pair of used Contax straps that are
little more than well countoured wide nylon/suede neck straps going to
basic webbing straps.

They're not quite as comfy for carry, but I don't worry about the
connectors breaking or the strap causing camera acceleration and best of
all they wad small enough to facilitate vest pocket carry of camera body,
standard (or wide) lens and strap: not much point going to the compactness
of OM body, only to bulk it up with strappage and add-ons.

Mike Swaim