[OM] Vacation Kit Zuiko

Subject: [OM] Vacation Kit Zuiko
From: "David Low" <ghb04@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 10:52:00 +0100
Lets see now, kit for vacation.

I have just come back from Venice and Florence (3 weeks). I took

ONM2sp, and OM10 bodies.

T20 Flash
f1.4 50mm Zuiko
35-70 zoom (OM2000 (zuiko), borrowed seemed flimsy but worked very well)
70-210 Zoom (Tamron)
Weston Master V
Bean Bag and monopod

36 reels of 400ASA Fuji  (mistake far too fast for Italy swapped to 200
ASA)In a lead lined box (homemade).

Sony Mavica digital Camera
and

a Leica M6 with 28mm Elmarit as a point and shoot. (50th birthday present,
with a card which said, You've had enough toy cameras (OLYMPUS), have a real
one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......

Filters UV, Polarising and ND is all I ever carry.

Most used KIT?.....Well afraid to say the Leica lovely to use, swine to
change films. followed by OM10 with the 70/210.

The Sony was heavily used in interiors, where 'no flash' where permitted.

Next time though I will use 100 ASA film, as the light levels where far
higher than I expected (last week April and first 2 in May).

Weight was all, so left winders, tripods, OM4, 500mm lens, recorda backs etc
at home.

OM2sp used once only Jammed. I am going off this body in a big way. Think
its going to have an accident, and I'll claim insurance on it.

Trouble is I'm back at work :-((((.

As for Nepal?????Been there, and my advice would be a Leica and a couple of
Lenses, or OM1, lenses?, 2 maximum of choice, No electro powered bodies.
Anything more is excess baggage, and I certainly can't see any point in
winders for that trip.

regards

David Low