Re: [OM] intro and question

Subject: Re: [OM] intro and question
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 16:11:53 EDT
Brian,
Welcome to the wonderful world of Zuikoholickism! Or, as another list member
coined, "'Lympus Lust"!!!
I commend you on your initial choice for body and lens...hard to beat the
sweet beauty of the OM1/OM1n!
I highly recommend that you inestigate the 24mm 2.8 and the 100mm 2.8. I know
there is a fetish amongst many of the listees for the fastest in the land,
but I find the small size and weight along with the superior optics of these
two lens to make them  two of the most enjoyable of my collection...and the
fact that they are very reasonably priced now just makes them all the better!
The 100 has somewhat become my standard lens over the last few months...
When/if you decide to add to your stable of bodies, I also highly recommend
the OM2. I have an Om4 and Om4T as well, and, yes, they are wonderful, but I
still prefer to Om2 to any of the later models. The size,feel, and the long
exposure times, the light weight...ahhhhh.
Warning: shortly, your Maxxum will feel like a heavy clunker..the OM1 can
ruin your sentiments for most other cameras. But then, look what you've
gained!
Yours,
Susan Steele
Amherst,  VA USA