Re: [OM] What to reccomend: beginners camera?

Subject: Re: [OM] What to reccomend: beginners camera?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 19:44:16 +0000
Geez, thanks Roy.  It is still under construction; about half the topics
are complete, but have tried to get the basic ones up first.  The biggest
challenge has been creating diagrams and other graphics for it.  It's more
time consuming than originally imagined.  Still working at it and chipping
away a piece at a time.  If it helps and is useful, that's what it's there
for!  I will second the accolades for Phil Greenspun's site.  It gets my
vote as the best general photography site on the net.  He has an
interesting beginner's tutorial for starting and building a 35mm SLR system.

Another useful site with general photography information is Klaus
Schroiff's PhotoZone:
  http://www.photozone.de/
  [note:  the site includes an overview of the OM system]

Another interesting site with some general information is the section of
Frank Sheeran's site about photography:
  http://www.bsag.ch/~fs/camera/index.html
  [note:  he has one of the best explanations of tilt/shift lenses I've seen]

Thanks,
-- John