[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1698

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1698
From: Vaughan Bromfield <Vaughan.Bromfield@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 11:02:46 +1000
lex

Is it an extremely fast pinhole lens? ;-)

Vaughan

--

Lex wrote:

I found what I'd hoped would be an OM T-mount adaptor, but isn't quite.
One side fits the body's bayonet mount, altho' without locking in place
(no lens release lever) or provision for diaphragm actuation.

The inside appeared at first to be threaded.  It turns out to be finely
baffled to prevent extraneous light bouncing around, as many lens hoods
are, and finished in flat black paint.  Are you certain the item you've
described is actually threaded rather than baffled?

The opposite side is merely a flanged circular opening.  Presumably some
sort of locking collar with set screws would fit over this end.  Etched
on the outer face, in fine script, is the word "Olympus" and next to it
"OM".

Now I don't have a clue what it was intended for.  But I'm sure I can
think up a use for it - perhaps as a mount for that homebrewed single
element lens I've been planning.  Now all I need is a suitable barrel.

--

Vaughan Bromfield
Education Consultant

tel: + 61 2 9514 2176