Re: Fwd: [OM] What to reccomend: beginners camera?

Subject: Re: Fwd: [OM] What to reccomend: beginners camera?
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 09:24:51 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Thomas Heide Clausen wrote:

> One thing I forgot to mention in the original mail was, that the young guy
> is around 20 years old and is studying to become an engineer. Thus I am
> not too worried that he may accidentially drop the camera or otherwise
> damage it.

Oh well, in that case I recommend the 2s(p).  Might as well get him used
to the idea of spot metering early on.  Given what you said about having
to periodically look at the shutter speed dial (I still have to do that
myself more than I like), and if spot metering is not considered that
important, I'll have to commit blasphemy and recommend a Pentax ME
super - my first SLR.  I rather like the little push buttons, and they
do tell you what speed you've set in manual mode (plus whether the meter
thinks that's too much or too little).  They have the same compactness
as OM bodies, too.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |