Re: [OM] What to reccomend: beginners camera?

Subject: Re: [OM] What to reccomend: beginners camera?
From: "Peter A. Klein" <pklein@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 09:08:14 -0700
> "Gregg" <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Yes Lex,
>
> That is how I remember having to do it "once upon a time".  Now a sliding
> scale is on the back of every flash I remember having looked at since I
> don't remember when (maybe late '60s).  Maybe this is intuitive to me
> because I think visually and used to use a slide rule in school.

As a matter of fact, a circular slide rule makes a dandy flash
calculator if your flash doesn't have its own scale.  For convenience,
you could mark the f-stops with a colored highlighter on the appropriate
scale.  The "divide and conquer."  Pocket protector is optional.

--Peter

Logarithm: A birth control method for Catholic lumberjacks