RE: [OM] What to reccomend: beginners camera?

Subject: RE: [OM] What to reccomend: beginners camera?
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 11:32:37 PDT
Luckily, even the li'l Oly PipSqueak 200 (anybody else got one of these?) has a scale for ASA 80-100 and 25-32. All you need is a magnifying glass to read the tiny numbers.
---
Lex
Visit "Vistas Tejas" at http://www.photoscene.com

From: "Harridge, Wayne" <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxx>

Lex wrote:

> The easiest way to remember guide numbers (for me, anyway) is
> to use ASA 100
> and 10 feet as a reference point.  Some flash units, like the

Note that the Olympus flash model number usually gives away the guide
number, but in meters. This means with 100 ISO film I can shoot at f4 and 8
meters with a T32 (GN=32, meters), or f2.5 (f2.8 ?) with a T20.

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/wayneharridge/