Re: [OM] Zuiko teles and tele-zooms

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko teles and tele-zooms
From: Frank Ernens <fgernens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 17:24:04 +1000
Rand wrote about the 65-200 f/4

> But, to me, the really great feature was the 1.2m
> close focus feature, which they put on the 200mm end of the zoom range.

Actually, it focusses down to 1.2m at all focal lengths
and to 0.85m at 200mm. But you're right, having close focus
(so marked, without the usual misleading "macro" claim)  at the
long end is a very good feature. Through the viewfinder it looks
as though it will perform well on a 20mm tube in the 200mm close-focus
range down to 1:2, although I haven't actually tried it on film
yet.