[OM] In the interests of preserving the viability of the OM line

Subject: [OM] In the interests of preserving the viability of the OM line
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 20:25:09 -0500
A comment on the list earlier today about our only buying used lenses and
not making any money for Olympus made me truly feel ashamed of myself.

So ashamed I got on B&H's web page

So ashamed I clicked the buy button next to a brand-new 35-80

So ashamed I filled in my credit card information

So ashamed I clicked on the confirm order button.

Boy, do I feel better now.

I hate feeling ashamed.

Actually, I've wanted one for a long time and the mint- one on KEH's site
caught my eye.  $999 is a decent price and their reputation for accurately
rating lenses is quite good.  Then I surfed over to B&H and saw that
brand-new, USA warranty, 35-80 zooms were $1199.  Only $200 between mint-
used and 'comes in the original box with a warranty card and that new lens
smell' brand-new one.

The last brand-new piece of Olympus equipment I bought was a black OM-2MD in
the summer of 1979.  Not much of a customer am I.

Should arrive next week. I'll report back then.

The anticipation is killing me.

Tom