Re: [OM] Greetings!

Subject: Re: [OM] Greetings!
From: Charles Sdunek <csdunek@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 21:39:31 -0400
Joan,
Beautiful pictures!  I've been wanting to get out there myself, but have not
been able to.  I use an OM2 and an OM2n myself.  I started out with an old
Honeywell Pentax Spotmatic, and when the lightmeter when sour and the shutter
started sticking, I thought to myself...my, I sure would like one of them fancy
Nikons.  Well, that 6006 took wonderful pictures, but I found myself getting
really stupid.  I forgot how work a camera.  I longed for that old manual
camera where I could do all the settings without running through an lcd screen
and little hard to reach knobs and buttons.  I took the Nikon to a few camera
shows trying to get something for it, I was only hoping for an F1.  bewildered
at the offers I recieved, I went home with a sunken heart.  Well, to my
surprise, shortly after, I inherited the OM2 and 2N from my grandfather and
gave the 6006 to my little sister to use as a point and shoot camera!  She
likes it and is even learning how to use it in other than the full auto mode.
    Now, I can't say that I would ever have even tried an olympus if these
events had not  occured.  I took the pair and an assortment of lenses on
vacation with me to see if I liked them.  they were tiny in my huge stiff
carpal tunnel syndrome hands and felt  so awkward.  But, as I began to get used
to them, I grew to like them more and more.   A year later, I have found them
to be the most wonderful cameras I have used.  I wouldnt trade them for the
world.  Light, small, all the controls have fallen right into place and seem
more natural to me than any other camera I have used, and hey, I have even
learned how to focus again!    I'm hooked.

Charles