Re: [OM] Fw: Cossina cranks out a retro-range finder camera, why Olympus

Subject: Re: [OM] Fw: Cossina cranks out a retro-range finder camera, why Olympus
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 16:22:39 PDT
I don't know how the popularity per capita compares, but I see quite a few OM items in places like pawn shops. Mostly OM-10 bodies (sometimes working), occasionally OM-1 or OM-2 bodies (usually not working). Lots of 50/1.8 Zuikos and third-party OM mount lenses.

This isn't necessarily a reflection of the OM-at-large population since pawn shops are increasingly declining to loan money on items that don't sell quickly.

Conversely, camera shops claim that desirable used OM items just fly off the shelves. Personally, I think that's just sales hype. But it is difficult to find certain items locally.
---
Lex
Visit "Vistas Tejas" at http://www.photoscene.com

From: "Gregg" <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

This made me wonder again.  Where has the OM system had it's greatest
following? I began to wonder this after seeing the gold OM and where it was released. I also wonder if the lower cost of OM equipment meant that the US market has the lowest following for the OM line, you know, the lowest demand
and excess supply makes the price go down, etc.