Re: [OM] Re:minimum carry kits

Subject: Re: [OM] Re:minimum carry kits
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 13:56:00 -0600
I've had good luck with the following kit:

   OM-4 body
   100/2.0
   50/1.2 (for indoor work in low light with ASA 3200 B&W film)
   28/2.0
   21/2.0
   Monopod (I still find I rarely use it)

The above kit's small enough to fit into a hip-belt style camera carry-case (I
use a Lowe-Pro "Off Trail"), with the monopod in-hand.  Worked really well last
spring in Europe (didn't even take the monopod, though on a hike it can double
as a walking staff), and has served me well just walking around, too.  If I
wanted to cut it down even more, but add the ability to take the occasional
indoor shot with ASA 100 film, I'd drop the 50 and the 28, put in a 35/2.0 and
a T-20 (which can cover the 35's angle of view).

I've gotten too old to carry huge amounts of gear, and my wife's not interested
in lugging stuff around for me.  Besides, the hip-belt carry-all does a really
good job of freeing you up for walks, hikes, sojourns, you name it -- no sore
shoulders, no claw-hands from a death-grip on your bag's carrying handle, etc.
Freedom!

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
 than a good day doing just about
 anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/