[OM] Re: Reprogramming Mike ;-)

Subject: [OM] Re: Reprogramming Mike ;-)
From: miaim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 15:08:43 -0400
>On Sat, 24 Jun 2000 miaim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> If Fuji and Olympus would just team up to offer 35mm and med.format
cameras...

>> Dream on,
>> Mike Swaim
>
>  Mike's due for a reprogramming, y'all.
>       It's DREAM OM !
>
>                          *= Doris Fang =*

Hey, Doris did you ever see a movie based on a Harlan Ellison short story
called "A Boy and His Dog"? In it the Michael's are robots kept in an
underground warehouse. ;-) Your comment of my needing to be reprogrammed
reminded me of that. (OM content =0!)

>PS Fuji's giant MF RFs are not for me, but perhaps the best deal going in
>all MF photography.

I've been very tempted by the Fuji 670 and 690, but haven't yet gone that
route. To me the best buys in MF are probably the Kowas and arguably the
Pentacons, but finding them in working order is getting pretty tough, and
the Kowa Super 66 is more of a boat anchor than a travel camera. I've got
one that I alternately like and curse.

I see the folks talking about high dollar shift lenses and I think of the
high dollar Fuji 680 with built in shift and multiple lenses, and then I
think, heck why not just get a 4x5 rail and be done?

Now if Olympus and Fuji would just team up to make a collapsible 6x7 shift
field camera, and if they could keep it under $1000US.............

Heck, I'd love to see nearly any reasonable modern Olympus MF camera. I've
not seen one, but have read that their very early 120 cameras were in some
respects well ahead of their time. How 'bout a modernization of the Olypus
6 or the Olympus Standard?

ekiM miawS