Re: [OM] If It Looks Too Good To Be True...

Subject: Re: [OM] If It Looks Too Good To Be True...
From: BriarPipes@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 11:19:22 EDT
Hi all:

I have just ordered another used OM body to add to the quiver: a 4T.  I need
another OM like a third chin, but this one seemed worth the gamble.  I came
across a web site, www.luebsphoto.com, and spotted a listing for an Oly Om4T.
 The condition was marked E+, which the owner says it means "like new."

The rating system sounded a little sketchy:  NIB; New; Like New; E+; E++; Ex;
VG etc.  It reminds me of what an auctioneer told me about antique china; if
you're the seller the china is mint, but if you're the bidder it's chipped
all to hell.

Anyway, the price for the "like new" OM 4T was $120.  Did I mention that the
4T also came with a T32 flash?  I figure, even if the 4T gobbles batteries
like M&Ms, at least I have a nice paperweight or doorstop, and I'll have paid
a little too much for a used T32.

Thank goodness the weather is clement, for when my wife learns of my purchase
of more "camera stuff," I'll be sleeping in the garage for a night or three.

James Lawson