Re: [OM] Toys

Subject: Re: [OM] Toys
From: "Gregg" <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 16:20:17 -0400
Paul wrote:
> >Also just blew a roll on the OM-1 back from CLA at Camtech. Golly.
> >It's going to take a while to go back to basics and forget the
> >illusory extra control that the spotmeter in the 2s gives me, but I
> >love the feel of this camera! It's in perfect running order now, the
> >film advance is a kinesthetic joy, and the discreet "k'thik" of the
> >shutter is so much cleaner than the 2s sound -- it's
> >hard to describe, but just very sweet. Thanks, John!

I think it is more than just a sound.  My impression is that there is a
distinct feeling that is more solid when the shutter/mirror move.  It's like
the difference in riding in a solidly built car after driving around in an
early model US car (soft and mushy feeling).  I still love the 4T though.

Gregg