Re: [OM] 39mm lens use

Subject: Re: [OM] 39mm lens use
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 18:57:01 +0200
On Sun, Jun 25, 2000 at 01:56:09PM +0100, Gareth Knight wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I recently had the opportunity to play with the new (well fairly)
> Voigtlander range finder cameras and lenses.  They are based on a Leica 39mm
> screw fitting.  The lens that interested me was a 15mm super wide, for the
> low price of 300UKP new.  I have seen a 39m to OM mount adapter advertised,
> can anyone with optics expertise suggest any obvious flaws with this
> arrangement ?

Hmm, I always thought it would not be possible to adopt a 39mm-screw-lens
to OM-Bayonett, because the OM bayonet has a larger Flange to Film Distance of
46.00 mm to only 28.80mm of the Leica 39mm screw fitting.
 <http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/markerink/mounts.htm>

It would be impossible to focus to infnity. The 17.2mm offset would focus a 15mm
super wide over the 1:1 magnification-line.

Frieder Faig