Sv: [OM] fwd Fisheye 8mm f2.8

Subject: Sv: [OM] fwd Fisheye 8mm f2.8
From: "LARS BUNDESEN" <lars.bundesen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 00:02:17 +0200
> Hi,
> just been offerred a  ZUIKO FISHEYE 8.2.8, for a princely sum of $700.
The
> LENS is in excellent condition.No blemish oe coating defect. Need your
> advise on the utility of this lens. How often and what occassions have
you
> used this lens? How much is this lens as NEW or on EBAY? Just cannot make
> up my mind to bouy this LENSas i am not convinced I NEED it. Thanks for
> your comments. Sunil Manga

I paid c. 1000 $ for a 8 mm a year ago. OK, prices here are a bit higher
for some items here (denmark) than most other places, but an 8 mm is a very
rare lens, so 700 $ is a very attractive price.

I don't know what the price is for a new one - is it available new anymore?

I'd like a 16 mm, too, but I have taken a few pictures with the 8 mm plus a
2X converter. You probably lose some edge definition (and lens speed), but
get the advantage of the full negative format.

I hope to take some pictures with this lens that I can sell, to justify the
investment. I have some ideas, but haven't had the time.
Someday...

Lars