[OM] New acquisition (OT!)

Subject: [OM] New acquisition (OT!)
From: "Dave Bulger" <david_bulger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 18:25:33 -0500
All,

As if I didn't have enough, I got a new camera this weekend.  My future
bro-in-law, retired Air Force colonel, brought me his not-used-since-1988
Mamiya/Sekor 528TL 35mm SLR body with a 48/2.8 lens as a gift.  Included in
the package was an interesting find -- two Vivitar lenses that screw into
the Mamiya lens -- one marked "Telephoto" and one marked "Wide Angle".  No
indication of what the effective angle of view on each, though they made
little difference in the apparent angle of view through the viewfinder.

The package also included a unique flash setup -- a plastic "bar" with an
accordian-like unfoldable flash bulb reflector that would optionally take
flash cubes.  Kinda cool.  AND 4 flash bulbs.

Note that the camera body has spot metering only, somewhere near the center
of the viewfinder -- the manual didn't specify exactly where.  Didn't know
they had spot metering in (I assume) the sixties.

>From what the aforementioned bro-in-law said, every serviceman tripping
around southeast Asia was carrying one of these cameras.

Dave

Oh yeah -- also included were two leather zippable film carrying cases with
"Vietnam" gold foil stamped on them.