Re: [OM] Newcomer... Hi all !!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Newcomer... Hi all !!!
From: "Mark A. Johnson" <mjohnson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 16:51:29 -0700
I've suddenly been following this thread with great interest, because only
an hour ago I was fumbling through my local Salvatation Army thrift store
and found a Zuiko 75-150 f4 for the irresistible price of $20--like new,
with original leather case. The documentation was even stuffed in the case.
Naturally, I turned the store upside down to see if they had any others--a
shift lens, perhaps!--but this was the only Zuiko. Since my collection of
Zuikos is modest compared with many of yours, it was a happy find.
This lens largely duplicates my Tamron 70-210 f4, which is shorter and
squatter but weighs about the same. I imagine the Zuiko is a better piece of
glass, but I don't know that yet for sure. It'll be interesting to see which
lens ends up being used the most. I'd bet on the Zuiko, for sentimental
reasons if no other.
  Mark Johnson