[OM] Olympus Photo gallery submission

Subject: [OM] Olympus Photo gallery submission
From: "Olaf Greve" <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 05:32:07 PDT
Hi Ranjan,

please check out my Photo Gallery submissions (thanks, Garth)

Nice pictures! I like the bird pictures (esp. the seagull on the post and the parrot).

Would be happy to hear from anyone who has comments, especially on the bokeh in the "Web" picture (50 f/1.8) -> is this typical?

That picture shows a fine demonstration of terrible bokeh; a pity, as it draws a lot of attention away from the actual subject. I didn't realise the 50/1.8 performed so poorly at what I call "the bokeh-killer test".

Just compare the bokeh against the bokeh in the seagull-on-the-post and the parrot pictures. Without a doubt in my mind, both of these pictures were taken with the 135/2.8, which is known for having smooth bokeh.

Nice stuff!

Cheers!
Olafo