RE: [OM] [OT] Need some simple (?) repair advice

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] Need some simple (?) repair advice
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 08:07:19 EDT

>But, I won't touch my beloved OM's just yet.  That reminds me that I
>have an OM-1 and an OM-2n that I need to send to John H. for some TLC
>before the prism foam eats the silver.

Oh, that's an easy job that takes 10 minutes at most. You need a
spanner wrench with "pencil point" tips, a tiny phillips screwdriver,
and a small pointed tool. The top plate is held on by three things: two
screws under the rewind knob, the ring around the flash shoe socket,
and the wind lever. The two screws are small phillips which are removed
after the rewind knob is unscrewed (hold the shaft from rotating by
inserting a tool in the forked lower end), the ring has two tiny slots
that you can use a small pointed tool to remove, and the wind lever has
two holes for the spanner wrench. Once you have those undone, you
simply lift the top off and the "prism foam" is right under your
proboscis. Re-assembly is the reverse of the above......

BTW, the OM-1 does not have the aforesaid "prism foam". It is
apparently to prevent light from entering the camera from the two small
contact sockets for the Shoe 4 of the OM-2.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright