RE: [OM] New Olympust printer

Subject: RE: [OM] New Olympust printer
From: Hans van Veluwen <HVeluwen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 17:57:48 +0200
:It looks interesting, but I'd spend the money on the Epson. I
:have both the
:Epson 1270 inkjet and the Alps MD-1300 Dye Sub.  The Alps
:produces wonderful
:prints, but the Epson equals or surpasses it and prints up to
:13x19. So,
:unless the Oly printer is less than $400, which I doubt, I'd
:go with the
:Epson. I would bet the consumables on the Oly are high too.
:They're very high on the Alps.
:
:I'm actually a convert. Nothing touched the Alps print quality
:until this
:generation of inkjet.  I didn't think it could be equaled.
:
:My thoughts. Discard at will.

Another interesting candidate for a new printer is the recently released A3
printer Stylus Photo 2000p. Prints are supposed to last 100 years.
http://www.epson.nl/product/printer/styph2000p/

(sorry - in Dutch; haven't found it in the .com or co.uk site yet)

hnz