Re: [OM] Flash for novices

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash for novices
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 03:43:36 PDT
Ian, I apologize for the confusion caused by my sngglfrtz in that post. I meant to say "Flash usually is *not* necessary," and indicated your concert photos are excellent examples of why ambient light is ample and preferable. I sure didn't mean for it to come across as a haughty suggestion to modify your style, which is how it scans when I read my own GOOFED UP WORDS!

But by now you will have read my earlier retraction and I'm only contributing to further bandwidth hogging. [sigh]

Anyway, the only exception I'd make to my own rule of thumb might be to incorporate the occasional use of slow sync flash for that unique effect it lends. Would be particularly effective with some of the more frenetic performers, hmm? I've been practicing with the technique on my grandsons and kittens.

Lex

From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks for the recommendation, Lex.  Whilst I normally eschew the use of
flash for this sort of thing, one of those pictures (Mooz02) has a teeny
bit of fill-in from a camera-mounted flash.