Re: [OM] Re: Need some simple (?) repair advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Need some simple (?) repair advice
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 13:47:21 PDT
Chuck, along the lines of the mechanical fix, is there enough room in there to bend the existing contact to clamp onto the wire? Or to take a thin strip of copper, wrap it around the contact and wire, and clamp the whole affair with pliers or a strong hemostat? I've had to do that sort of thing a few times when solder just wouldn't stick, or I didn't want to subject a part to heat for too long.

With the added copper strip used to physically clamp the original contact and wire, the solder just serves to hold the copper strip together. The mechanical clamping ensures continuity in the electrical contact.

Lex