Re: [OM] Olympus Photo gallery submission

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Photo gallery submission
From: "George Sears" <gwsears@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 18:05:45 -0400
On 29 Jun 2000, at 13:58, Lex Jenkins wrote:

> BTW, the emu may have been drunk.  It was feasting on rotting fruit in
> our orchard, which often smells like a brewery in late summer.  She
> was an escapee from a neighbor's pen while they were on vacation.  We
> sheltered the hairy critter 'til they returned.
>
> Lex

Lex,
I used to spend time in the swamp and on several occasions I
visited Lem Griffith Fish Camp, deep in the swamp. Lem had a
shack there where he had set up his museum. He had an awful
looking critter there, stuffed. Looked kinda like yer jackalope.
Anyway, he claimed to have gotten drunk one night, went hunting
and killed that thing. Said that he hadn't taken a drink since.
Guess that must have been forty years ago and I remember like it
was yesterday :-)

Geo2