Re: [OM] New Voigtlander 75/2.5 lens for OM!

Subject: Re: [OM] New Voigtlander 75/2.5 lens for OM!
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:45:38 PDT
I can understand the attraction of a moderate telephoto for rangefinder users, since long teles are impractical. But a 70mm prime seems rather ho-hum for an SLR. At least the Voigtlaender lenses adhere to the diminutive standards of the Zuikos. I'll admit, I can't pass a Voigtlaender Bessa L with that accessory shoe viewfinder and 15/4.5 Heliar and not wanna take it home.

Now, if one of the Voigtlaender wide angles *could* be adapted to an SLR, or if they decided to design some wider than 28mm for an SLR utilizing the same quality in the Voigtlaender line...

Better yet, what if Olympus retooled the OM-1/2/3/4 body, knocked off the pentaprism, and engineered a way to accept both certain Zuiko wide angles *and* the Voigtlander glass and viewfinders? Please, no OM-labeled version of the Cosina body, tho'. Man, I'd be thrilled just to have even a fixed lens version of an OM-1-quality body with the 15/4.5 Heliar. My poor Canonet would probably never get used again.

But I believe I'll just wait 'til I can afford a Zuiko 24mm or wider.

Lex
===

From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>

I just noticed on http://www.cosina.co.jp/75sl/ that the new Color-Heliar
70/2.5 SL lens is available in on Olympus OM mount.