Re: [OM] Re: gaps in OM lens lines

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: gaps in OM lens lines
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 20:36:30 +0000
At 23:57 6/29/00 , Per Nordenberg wrote:
>Aren't some Zuiko zooms also varifocal's? At least I know my 75-150/4
>doesn't hold focus.
>
>Per Nordenberg
>http://www.kolmarden.com/

I don't think the 75-150/4 two-touch is supposed to change focus as you
change the focal length.  Mine didn't.  To test one, you should focus at
150mm and zoom back to 75mm.  Focus should not change.  Focusing is more
critical at the long end.  If you start at 75mm and zoom out to 150mm you
can confound any actual focus shift with going from having focused at a
less critical focal length to a much more critical one.  This effect is
even more noticeable with a 3X zoom such as the 35-105mm.

-- John