Subject: RE: [OM] Favorite photo targets , unusual ones

From: brianam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brian A.M.)
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 22:35:17 -0700 (PDT)
Doors?  not too uncommon methinks.   i can't resist a colorful doorway myself..
i must be imagining all those shots you see in magazines of brightly painted
tibetan or south american doorways.

now for an UNcommon subject matter:  interior walls.
an artists's work i saw last month at Fraenkel Gallery here in San Francisco (@
the 49 Geary bldg) featured large (24"x30") B&W prints of white apartment
walls.

sounds boring probably, but close examination revealed that the artist was
telling a story of city life .
barely visible long cracks.  earthquake damage?
peeling paint.  dampness from all our fog?

and my favourite: a huge enlargement that was seemingly empty except for
--placed perfectly in the lower left corner-- an old style wall switch complete
with telltale oily wall smudges evidencing years of constant dutiful use.

not all photographs need be sunsets indeed...

cheers,
-brian A.M.