Re: [OM] Photoserfs

Subject: Re: [OM] Photoserfs
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 08:15:45 EDT
>Sounds like revisionist fiefdom to me.  Fie on the self-appointed
lords.
>None owns the view that I see.  String 'em up and pay no fee!

It seems to me that they wouldn't have a leg to stand on here in the
USA, but I'm not a copyright attorney. If someone takes the general
shape of the building and creates their own logo from it, it seems to
me to fall under the "fair use" part of the law, since the image of the
opera house was not duplicated. I also find it hard to believe that
taking a picture of a building and selling it violates their copyright.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright