Re: [OM] Infrared films

Subject: Re: [OM] Infrared films
From: Utchat1@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 10:04:00 EDT
If it is Kodak IR not Konica, I have shot this stuff off and on for many
years. Here are my basics.
Set ISO to 400
f/16
bracket exposure 2 stops in both direction via shutter speed.
Use a 25A red filter

Some people adjust the focus to the IR mark on some lenses, not all have this
shift focus mark, this is why I just use f16 and not worry about it.

Process in Kodak d-76 but have changed to X-tol.

Have FUN!!!!
Remember DO NOT open the black film cans in light, load camera in total
darkness, remove the film in total darkness. If you have on of those little
film windows in the back door of your camera you will need to cover it with
black electical tape. I have also had trouble with the dimpled pressure
plates. This film does not have a "black" backing on it and the light will
reflect off the little divets in the plate and expose the film with this
pattern in areas like open sky. I had to change to a Nikon and change the
pressure plate to one of their old smooth styles. You can cover the pressure
plate with two aligned pieces of electical tape.