[OM] <ot> digicam jpg format?

Subject: [OM] <ot> digicam jpg format?
From: Acer V <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 20:22:16 -0700 (PDT)
i'm volunteering at the California Musuem of Photography Digital Studio
<digitalstudio.ucr.edu>, and one of the drills was to take self portraits
using different exp. comp. settings to find out the optimal one for future
use. the resulting image from a Kodak DC210 is 230kb or something, and i
emailed the raw image (photovista or picture viewer image it said, i
think on the iMacs they have there) to myself so i can put use it at
home. however, i can't open it in any app, not MS Photo Editor, Picture
It, or Adobe PhotoShop5.5. If it's a JPG, why can't I? I won't be back
there till Tuesday or later (once i get there, i'll "save for web" in
PS). Is there any way to open and edit (mostly resize, downsample) the
file? I'll post it on my webpage later this evening so you can try it as
well (around 2030 to 2100 PDT (gmt -7)) altho it won't display at all (you
can d/l it). tried the photovista or picture viewer plug-in to no avail

http://student.ucr.edu/~siddim01/me.jpg

/Acer V
--
"I don't drink coffee I take tea my dear"       Sting/Englishman in NY