[OM] More TOYS

Subject: [OM] More TOYS
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 23:44:18 -0400
Had to go to Columbus again today on business and had a chance to stop in
Columbus Camera as well as Midwest Photo.
John was not in the store at Columbus Camera (drat!).  Eric was there and
unfortunately was in a bad mood (double drat!!)
On the shelf were the following:
1. Zuiko 24 2.8                         Eric listed it at $275 ( I told you he
was in a bad mood)
2. 35 2.0                       This is the one that needs work  $175.  If some
one is really
interested, let me know and I'll talk with John.
3. 135 3.5                      $115
4. 7,14, 25mm Auto tubes        $119
5. 35-70 4.0                    $150
6. 4T                           $150  No, this is not a misprint!   Let me
describe it:
It has the usual paint missing on top and bottom.  Some store was using it
as a rental.  Description on tag on bottom of camera states that the ASA
dial does not work and that the meter is jammed.  THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!  I
checked it out.  The Compensation dial had been turned to +2 and ASA dial
wouldn't go past 40 ASA!.  When I turned compensation dial to center
position, all film speeds could be selected. (I returned the compensation
dial back to the +2 position, Shhhhh!).  Battery check worked, as did all
shutter speeds that I could check.  Meter worked fine, manual and auto,
including spot.
The bad stuff- Back was a little hard to open.  When I got it open, I could
easily see some rust around the edges of the back and some was also showing
on the foam (which was not sticky).

IF, I were interested in buying it, I would pay the $150 and but a
replacement back and have a decent 4T for ~$185.

An alternative would be to wait a few days, call Columbus Camera and ask for
John.  He's MUCH easier to deal with than Eric!  Usually John will look at
the sticker price and move - 25%.  Eric was in such a bad mood that when I
asked him what he really wanted for the 4T, he almost threw me out of the
store.  Said he's going to put it on eBay, "some fool will buy it", he said.
THERE IS NO PRICE MARKED ON THIS BODY.  A CALL TO COLUMBUS CAMERA AND
TALKING WITH JOHN MAY GET YOU A 4T AT THE PRICE I PAID FOR MINE THERE
$50!!!

Call me or email me for more discussion on this body if you are interested.
I stopped in briefly at Midwest.  Same 24 shift was there as well as the 80
macro.  No changes.

Brian P. Huber

Troy, OH
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx