Re: [OM] Aussies for a Photo excursion?

Subject: Re: [OM] Aussies for a Photo excursion?
From: "Gregg" <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 15:23:20 -0400
There is an editorial on Oz in the current National Geographic that has some
interesting photos from around the continent.  Not OM unfortunately.  By the
way, does anyone know what makes Australia a continent and Greenland an
island?  What is the cutoff point for island size?

Gregg

From: Dylan

> Great idea Vaughan, count me in. The Kurnell sand dunes sure are quiet
> at that time though...was it Neddy Smith that had one of his underworld
> rivals dispatched and buried there? I'm a bit worried about your
> zuiko-lust turning nasty;-)
> Dylan
> PS my partner may or may not be interested in coming along too. If not,
> then I can borrow her OM1 for you. Zuiko-wise we're rather poor though,
> with only an SC 50/1.8 (plus a 50/1.8 MC with fungus and element
> separation, if that counts), 35-70/4 and 35-70/3.5-4.5, and 500/8
> between us.
>
> > From: Vaughan
> >
> > G'day cobbers ;-)
> >
> > I've just gotta got out photographing or I'm gonna go crazy. Last year
> > all my OM gear got stolen and I am cameraless. If somebody would like to
> > lend me an OM body and a lens (beggars can't be choosers, anything Zuiko
> > will do) I'll gladly meet you at my favorite of all favorite places: the
> > sand dunes at Kurnell, near Wanda Beach (Cronulla). It's real easy to
> > pretend to be Adams or Weston in Death Valley. Ideal for b+w but colour
> > is great there too.
> >
> > I should mention that it'd have to be on a weekend at dawn -- any later
> > and the dunes are covered with dogs and people tracks, besides the light
> > at that time is to die for. I only plan spending two hours *at most*
> > there, so we'd be back home in time to have the croisants ready for the
> > SO's breaky!
> >
> > If you're interested, mail me off-list or phone me at work 02 9514 2176.
> > I used to teach photography and took a few groups there, it's hard not
> > to find something interesting.
> >
> > I only have one scanned b+w photo from Kurnell (pardon the url, if it
> > wraps you'll need to paste it together again) done with a 135mm f2.8
lens:

http://138.25.32.40/gallery/FMPro?-db=pov.fp3&-format=images.html&-lay=web&S
eries=Sydney&-max=1&-skip=7&-find