Re: [OM] Lens site down

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens site down
From: RobBurn@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 19:09:58 EDT
In a message dated 7/02/2000 6:34:47 PM, pizzuto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Sorry Rob, but I don't see how Fat32 will NOT allow you to open your
drivers?  Are you saying that you insert a floppy disk into a computer
running an installation of windows on a Fat32 drive and it doesn't
recognise the files in the floppy? >>

The files will show up on the disk, but when you try to open them the exe.
file isn't recognized as being present on the disk. Remember that the files
were downloaded and stored by a computer using FAT 16 and attempted to open
on a computer to a hard drive using FAT 32. File downloaded and stored as FAT
16 open OK on a computer using FAT 16. I'll bet they were stored on a FAT 16
HD because I couldn't even download, store and open them from  the FAT 32 C
drive. Works great with the C drive as FAT 16. Seems illogical to me also.
But, I've seen it three times now on different machines.

Robert