Re: [OM] RE: More TOYS--OM4T

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: More TOYS--OM4T
From: raggedy ann <rag@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2000 21:36:49 -0400
I called Columbus Camera Saturday and was told flat out to stay away, that it
was probably beyond repair, among other things, it had been mistreated and was
ugly and was being sold strictly "as is". In short, the person I spoke with
tried to dissuade me from buying it, which is unusual for a salesperson.
Moreover, Brian states that it failed the 4T battery test, which to me means
that it does not have the 4T circuitry in it or it's inoperable. Which seems to
imply that it is not a true 4T. The person with whom I spoke was aware of
Brian's post and asked me what it said. In short, I called intending to buy it,
but was told in great detail that it would be a mistake. The fact that a store
in business to sell cameras warned me away from this OM4T speaks volumes, to me.
Of course, one can draw ones own conclusions, but forewarned is forearmed.
Personally, I just wasted money on a very lengthy phone call. For one
experienced in repairing these things it might be worth considering, but when I
mentioned sending it off for repair the reply was that the cost of repair would
likely exceed fmv. Also, the only person who apparently knows about this 4T is
"John" who I was told won't be back until Thursday. That is about all I know,
and hopefully someone may find it helpful.  Good Luck!!