Re: [OM] Kinda OT, but....Ilford Cibachrome? Slides? Anyone?

Subject: Re: [OM] Kinda OT, but....Ilford Cibachrome? Slides? Anyone?
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 05:28:54 PDT
Reportedly, Cibachrome and Ilfochrome are identical processes. Only the name has changed. Dunno for sure, just passing along the info I've heard.

Whatever the name the process is indeed superior to having prints made from slides via the interneg process. I've tried both and am seldom pleased with prints from internegs. The only advantage to internegs is you can make your own at home and have them processed and printed by any one-hour lab. Ordinary moderate contrast color negative film will do.

Lex
===

From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I remember from "way back" when Ilford had a product called
"Cibachrome" for making color prints from slides.