Re: [OM] copyright issues

Subject: Re: [OM] copyright issues
From: "Dirk and Carla Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 15:23:19 -0500

>But how does all this apply to the Web?  If I photograph people on the
>street for art's sake, and then put the pictures on a Web site But how does
>all this apply to the Web?  If I photograph people on the street for art's
>sake, and then put the pictures on a Web site, can I be sued?  Note that
>I'm not selling the picture, I'm just posted it for my fellow photographers
>to critique and anyone who hits my Web site to admire.

The web is a publishing medium. If you are not making money off of the
picture, then I think based on what you said there would be no basis for
suing you on the grounds of invasion of privacy. However, if you use their
image in a context that degrades their status or reputation, then you are
open to being sued for pain and suffering.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright