[OM] OM2 technical question...

Subject: [OM] OM2 technical question...
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 23:04:26 -0700
I'm hoping the collective experience and wisdom of the list will help me
with my OM2 problem.

I purchased a beautiful OM2 with chrome finish recently. The problem I
am having is that in Manual mode, with shutter speeds of 1/4 or below,
the shutter stays open for a very long time, from 2-5 seconds, it
varies. If I put it in Auto mode and take a shot such that the shutter
speed required is 1/4 or slower, it works fine. I can live with the
problem as I generally shoot the OM2 in auto mode anyway, and I very
rarely use manual shutter speeds below 1/30 on any of my cameras, but I
am curious if this is easily fixed or if anybody else has encountered
this problem themselves.

Thanks for any comments, advice or anecdotes,
- marc